Thursday, October 4, 2018

Caesarean Section Without Anesthesia a Traumatized Mother Tells

Caesarean Section Without Anesthesia

Delfina Mota, 26, had a traumatic experience for the birth of her daughter. The young woman claims to have had a caesarean without prior anesthesia. She claims $ 5 million to the hospital.

"It was like a horror movie," the young American told NBC New York. On November 15, Delfina Motta was admitted to the Tri-City Hospital in California to give birth to her first child.
Until the end, she thought she could give birth vaginally and has also received an epidural for this purpose. But while the work has begun, the gynecologist can no longer find the baby's heart rate and decides to perform an emergency caesarean section.

In the block, the anesthesiologist is called, without success. Despite repeated calls to the microphone, it will arrive too late. "I was crying because I was afraid, says the young woman, I did not know what was happening. I was lying down and the obstetrician said, 'We really have to do it. That's where they cut me off to open. Nurses were holding me ... I could feel her cutting me off and, with her hands, open me. That's when I fainted. '"

In the corridor in front of the operating room, Paul Iheanachor, the companion of Delfina Mota, lived the scene from a distance. "I heard screams even more horrible than you can imagine, several screams. Horrible screams and then silence ": he says.

The anesthetist arrived after the birth of little Cali, a baby fortunately in excellent health. To Delphine Motta, totally dazed by what she has just experienced, he says: "I will make you feel better now". Young parents will receive "special treatment": a double room, a friendly staff and even a $ 25 gift card. "I felt they were trying to limit the damage. We were just in shock, "says Paul Iheanachor.

Today, the couple decided to file a complaint against the hospital for malpractice. Delfina is asking for $ 5 million for the sudden physical and emotional trauma. "This memory will probably stay with me for the rest of my life," she says, "you can not imagine, I'd rather give birth naturally without drugs, than be open with a knife."

0 comments:

Post a Comment